Saturday, August 06, 2005

Let's Get Real

Mr. President:

We have been told that trafficking drugs finances terror.
Check out the first clip:
Anti-Drug.com - Drugs & Terror - Media Gallery

We have been told you are a 'war President':
BBC NEWS:
Bush sets case as 'war president'
:

"'I'm a war president. I make decisions here in the Oval Office in foreign policy matters with war on my mind,' he said. 'I see dangers that exist and it's important for us to deal with them.'"

Fair enough, I don't disagree with that one iota. I've been with you Mr. President up to this point but you're losing me fast. It isn't your economic policy, it isn't your mid-east policy. I admire the political courage and depth of character it has taken to do what others should have done and didn't concerning Hussein and other terrorist states. That's character.

It is you're southern border policy or lack thereof that makes me feel you are going wobbly.

What are you doing about Nuevo Laredo? There is a danger that exists and it is important for you to deal with it. Armed militants and financiers of terrorism have set up a base there. We had to abandon our consulate there temporarily. Forty American citizens have been lost with no Jessica Lynch style rescue attempted.

The threat is real. The threat is far past imminent. The threat is on our border and in our country. Relations with Mexico is foreign policy. The powers that rule Mexico are not our friends and Vicente Fox can't seem to bring order to his own house.

What are you going to do about it ?

Thank You,
Keep up the good work,
A Swing Voter

* My gut feeling is this will be a very big issue in 2008, especially if this drug-gang war spills over into Laredo, TX. If President Bush does not take strong steps here and soon, the Republican party will get 'Perot'd' in 2008 leaving us another Clinton elected as a minority President.

No comments: