Wednesday, October 03, 2007

The Okie Goes to Boston

Recently may largest client bought a healthcare company and I had to go to Boston to get a cursory understanding of their payroll system. I was apprehensive about my Okie accent but nobody ever said a thing unlike when I had to go to Denver and the people there came up to me wanting me to say that 'you all thing'.

But it turned out that I absolutley loved Boston. The people there were all great and after work the network crew and I would go out and hit some nice restaurants on the North End and a pub or two on the way back. One that I really like was The Tap. On the night we were there Bruce Jacques was performing. If you make it up that way try to see him. I laughed til I had tears in my eyes. He is a unique musician/comedian and had the place hopin.

What he does is a one-man show. As he goes through the songs he dresses for the song.. right on stage. He did the Guns & Roses version of Knockin on Heaven's door. He dressed as Axel Rose. When it came to the lead part he threw on a stove-pipe hat, rolled up his sleeves and fired up a cigarette and was Slash for the lead break. Never missed a beat. My favorite was Bittany Speers. Here his is doing Kid Rock...

Sorry Bruce for taking your pick but hey it is free publicity.
I'll take it down if you want.

You can follow the link to his page and he has booking info, schedule, photos and bio. I asked him if he had thought about going national he said he just wanted to stay regional in MA and RI.

So if you're ever up there and want to be entertained go see him.

No comments: