Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Rose Colored Quagmire


I listened to this exchange while working the other day. I needed the Kennedy quotes and I found them here:
US General Says Troops Question Support:

There were many good exchanges but this one made me just shake my head and furthered my disdain of the man. Here is Admiral Kennedy, the Hero of Chappaquiddick, taking on the Secretary of Defense:

"''This war has been consistently and grossly mismanaged,' Kennedy said,repeating his calls for Rumsfeld's resignation. ''And we are now in a seemingly intractable quagmire.'"

So Kennedy evokes the Vietnam imagery with 'quagmire' and I'm sure he would like to see us extracted from that 'quagmire'. Apparently I need to consider him for a Shinola Award since he has no sense of history and being one of the few Seantors to have not been to Iraq he may be in need of a historic example of an 'intractable quagmire:'


And he advocates the same method to get us out of Iraq... Cut and Run... Leave the people to fend for themselves.

No comments: