Ok... I was just reading a piece by Eric Alterman over at MSNBC.com. As I read through it I came upon an idea.... So let me frame the context;
Go here and read this short definition of Bulimia Nervosa. The main idea I had in mind was the binge/purge aspect of this mental disorder as it relates to food. Some of the highlights I found include:
*" Bulimia is characterized by episodes of binge-eating followed by inappropriate methods of weight control (purging)."
* "Binge eating is not a response to intense hunger. It is usually a response to depression, stress, or self esteem issues. During the binge episode, the individual experiences a loss of control. However, the sense of a loss of control is also followed by a short-lived calmness. The calmness is often followed by self-loathing. The cycle of overeating and purging usually becomes an obsession and is repeated often."
* "Also, individuals suffering from Bulimia often deny their condition."
Now, read the first section of this Alterman piece and consider these 'facts':
* "who knew that Bush’s team did nothing to prevent 9/11 despite considerable signals,"
* "let him get away at Tora-Bora,"
* "pulled agents out of Afghanistan to send them to Iraq,"
* "recruited gazillions of potential terrorists for his organization with his chaos-inducing invasion of Iraq and spread more hatred of the United States than our worst enemies might have hoped for"
I came to realize that facts are to the liberal's mind what food is to bulimic's belly. Not something to be fully digested.